DID YOU KNOW…….
- The average person takes 7,500 steps a day or about 115,000 miles over a lifetime.
- Each step you take, your foot absorbs between 2 and 3 times your body weight in forces
- 25% of all the bones in the human body are in the feet. When these bones are out of alignment, so is the rest of the body.
- Your feet mirror your general health. Conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, nerve, and circulatory disorders show their initial symptoms in the feet- so foot ailments can be your first sign of more serious medical problems.
- 3 out of 4 individuals experience foot problems in their lifetime.
- Women have about 4 times as many foot problems as men.
- Custom foot orthotics enhance the mechanical alignment in each leg, reducing the potential for pain in your knees, hips, and lower back.
Siobhan Treacy MCSP, MISCP, FSOM